Thursday, September 4, 2008

Walk-in Musuem

"Cubao X refers to the group of artists running their own shops inside the historic Marikina Shoe Expo at the Araneta Center, but it has since come to mean the epitome of creativity and cooperativism."- www. pinoycentric.com


In a thrift shop called Heritage in Cubao Shoe Expo, I saw these wonderful pieces for sale... with a whole lot more art work lying around. Some date from the 40's (or even earlier!) and god knows what else can be found there. I felt like I was in an unfinished and abandoned museum. It was one of the best Sundays I've ever had.



The more I come across random paintings or artwork created by Filipinos, the more I fall in love with our culture. And it has always been a nice feeling... to wander around aimlessly and find myself falling in love with my own heritage.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Beautiful!

I'll make sure to drop by when I come home. I wanna see :)

Always fun to find treasures where you least expect them.

Anonymous said...

I was there too! i enjoyed every bit of pinoyness coming at me!

Big Doggie